Research Output per year
Graduated as economist and business economist (cum laude). Took a PhD at Groningen University on the theory of money. Worked in academia, business, and ministries. Was editor-in-chief and publishing director of the Dutch leading economists policy journal. Worked on cartel detection and merger control in the Dutch financial sector. Since 2010 part time self-employed (Ecovisie), as internal supervisor and advisor.
Part time professor of Pension Markets since 2008 (formerly Erasmus University Rotterdam; currently Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam), focussing on the workings of several markets within the pensions sector. Co-edited a widely used book on collective pension plans (Springer Verlag, 2007). Supervised several MA and PhD students. Founded a successful full year semi-academic executive pensions program. Studied developments in both pension funds and pension insurance industry. Gives many lectures to professionals about current pension policy and market developments. Currently teaching an MA course on Financial Sector Regulation. Member of the supervisory board of a listed insurance firm (both life and general insurance) and supervisory board member of a real estate investor on behalf of pension funds. Chairman of the supervisory boards of two pension funds. Advisor to the Financial Markets Authority on financial reporting and auditing. Independent ('crown') member of the Social and Economic Council of the Netherlands. Chairman of its working groups on the new Dutch hybrid pension plan and pensions for self-employed. Several advisory positions, mostly in the financial sector, e.g. on sustainable investment.
Volunteers as supervisory board member of Birdlife Netherlands.
E_BA_FSR Financial Sector Regulation (MA course in Duisenberg Honours Program)
PhD candidates: Jairo Rivera Rozo, Gosse Alserda
- Autoriteit Financiele Markten | Amsterdam | Member of Financial Reporting and Accountancy Committee | 2016-03-10
- European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority | Frankfurt | Member of the Occupational Pensions and Stakeholder Group | 2016-03-10
- Stg. Bedrijfstakpensioenfonds Zoetwarenindustrie | Utrecht | Chairman Supervisory Board | 2016-03-10
- Stg. Robeco Pensioenfonds | Rotterdam | Chairman Supervisory Board | 2016-03-10
- Syntrus Achmea Real Estate & Finance | Amsterdam | nonexecutive director | 2016-03-10
- Vereniging Vogelbescherming Nederland | Zeist | Member Supervisory Board | 2016-03-10
- Vereniging van Beleggers voor Duurzame Ontwikkeling | Utrecht | Adviseur | 2016-03-10
- Sociaal Economische Raad | Den Haag | Independent ('crown') member + chairman SCOOR foundation | 2016-03-11
- Netspar | Tilburg | chair Editorial Board | 2016-07-05
- Triodos Bank | Zeist | nonexecutive director | 2017-05-19
Last mutation Ancillary Activities: Amsterdam (2017-05-30)
Research output: Professional › Working paper
Research output: Scientific › Report
Research output: Scientific › Chapter