Research Output per year
My research focuses on issues in social epistemology, philosophy of science, and philosophy of religion. Currently, most of it is in collective epistemology and political epistemology: can groups have beliefs and knowledge, are there collective intellectual virtues, what determines the epistemic performance of groups, how do people form, maintain, and reason about their political beliefs? I also apply these issues in thinking about the epistemic qualities of liberal democracy.
I teach epistemology, philosophy of science, business ethics, and – if I get the opportunity – philosophy of religion.
- Knowledgeable Democracy: A Social-Epistemological Inquriy
NWO Vidi project, 2016–2020
- The Epistemic Responsibility of the University
(with René van Woudenberg and Rik Peels)
Templeton World Charity Foundation, 2016–2019
- Science Beyond Scientism
(with René van Woudenberg, Gijsbert van den Brink, and Gerrit Glas)
Templeton World Charity Foundation, 2012–2015
- Commercializing Science and the Flow of Knowledge
NWO Veni project, 2010–2014
- De Jonge Akademie | Amsterdam | Member | 2017-04-01 - present
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen | Groningen | Professor by special appointment of Christian philosophy | 2019-01-01 - present
Ancillary activities are updated daily
- Ph.D. in Philosophy, Delft University of Technology, 2007
- M.A. in Philosophy cum laude, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, 2007
- M.Sc. in Systems Engineering and Policy Analysis cum laude, Delft University of Technology, 2000
Research output: Contribution to Journal › Article › Academic › peer-review
Research output: Chapter in Book / Report / Conference proceeding › Foreword/postscript › Academic
Introduction to the Philosophy of Creation Order, with Special Emphasis on the Philosophy of Herman DooyeweerdGlas, G. & de Ridder, G. J., 2018, The Future of Creation Order: Volume I. Philosophical, Scientific, and Religious Perspectives on Order and Emergence. Glas, G. & de Ridder, G. J. (eds.). Dordrecht: Springer, Vol. 1. p. 1-30 30 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book / Report / Conference proceeding › Chapter › Academic › peer-review
Activities per year