Research Output per year
Maren Becker is an Assistant Professor of Marketing. She received her doctoral degree from the University of Cologne in 2017. Prior to her PhD she has worked as a Senior Analyst and Consultant for a large market research company. She gained further work experience through several internships in different industries (e.g. at an NGO in Sao Paulo, the United Nations in New York, and the Volvo Car Cooperation in Cologne) and as a Research Assistant at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology in Canada.
Maren’s research focuses on advertising effectiveness, in particular on the impact of advertising content and different advertising channels on brand performance. Her work has been published in the Journal of Marketing and was featured in press outlets such as die Zeit, Markenartikel, and Harvard Business Manager.
- Marketing Strategy
- Master Thesis Supervision
- Grimme-Research-Institution at the University of Cologne: Research grant on “Consumer Communication in Digital Media”, 2015
- DFG Einzelprojekt (German Science Foundation): Research grant on “Advertising Content and Sales Response”, 2014
Prizes and Awards
- Recipient of the “Dissertational Science Price” of the Markenverband e.V., 2017
- Nominated for the AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, 2015
- Recipient of the "Best Thesis Award” of the University of Maastricht, 2010
- Research Award Recipient of the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), 2009
No ancillary activities
Ancillary activities are updated daily
Research output: Contribution to Journal › Article › Academic › peer-review